Congratulations! If you have been participating in the Daniel Fast with me, you have officially made it a week!! Way to go 🙂 Keep up the good work! Hopefully, each day has gotten easier and easier for you.
Today is the Ginger’s birthday, unfortunately, I have been in the kitchen all day and just now getting a chance to sit down and I was not able to throw him a surprise party like I wanted, but maybe next year. Otherwise, it has been a very low-key day. Gorgeous weather, it was in the 70’s and we had the side door open, which the fur children love. They go in and out or sun bask by the door.
One way to eat smoothie’s, is to turn them into a smoothie bowl. I enjoy smoothie bowl’s, because you get to garnish the bowl with all sorts of yummy toppings and it is pretty. Below is a recipe for a strawberry banana smoothie
Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 large frozen banana, peeled (make sure you peel before freezing, you can peel and place in aluminum foil)
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp acai berry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp maca root powder (optional)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1-2 dates (optional, this is not really necessary, but will make the smoothie sweeter if you want it sweeter)
extra fruit, nuts or shredded to coconut, to garnish
- Place all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chia seeds
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes. This will allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the water and make the smoothie thicker.
- Blend one more time, then pour it into two bowls.
- Top with fruit or nut of choice and shredded coconut if desired
- Eat and enjoy
Until next time,
may blessings abound,
P.S:…this is important. Show us some love….
sign up to receive email updates
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angieandaginger/
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/angieandaginger
Follow us on instagram: @angieandaginger
©angie and a ginger 2017