“20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)
Immeasurably more..immeasurably more. I don’t know about you, but I can imagine and dream a lot of things, but I get excited that my God, can do more then I can imagine. It gives me hope. It means, that while I can have visions and dreams as to what or how I would like things to go, God can do even more. More then my wildest dreams. We only have to seek, ask, surrender and believe.
This recipe, is super simple and can be a light snack or meal. It has a lot of versatility. The avocado mixture could be topped over a salad, in a wrap or over a bed of quinoa.
Cucumber Avocado Roll with Homemade Ranch Dressing:
· 1 Avocado (if they are small avocados, you may need 1.5 avocados)
· ¼ Cup of Basil Leaves (a small bunch)
· 1 Clove Garlic
· 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
· ¼ teaspoon Salt
· 1-2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast (to taste)
· Several Grinds of Pepper
· 1 Cucumber
· Smoked or Sweet Paprika and additional nutritional yeast for Garnish
1. Toss all the ingredients (except the cucumber and paprika) into a food processor or blender. Or if you would like to do it by hand, finely mince the garlic and basil, and mash all the ingredients together with a fork until smooth and creamy.
2. Use a mandoline or potato peeler to cut long thin strips from the cucumber.
3. Take a cucumber strip and spread a thin coat of the avocado mixture along the length of the cucumber. A little goes a long way! Make sure to get some avocado all the way to the end, so it will stick the roll together.
4. Roll it up! No toothpicks needed. Do the same with the rest of your cucumber strips. Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve right away.
5. Cucumber is watery and softens quickly, so if you plan on bringing these to a party, prepare the avocado spread that morning, and store in an air tight container. Bring a whole cucumber and potato peeler and assemble at the party.
Raw Ranch Homemade Dressing
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup almost-boiling water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon each sea salt & black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- In food processor or blender, puree dressing ingredients (except chives) for 3-4 minutes, until creamy. For best results, drizzle water in gradually as food processor/blender is running.
- Stir in chives.
- Drizzle dressing on salad of choice or store in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
If you are looking for a heartier meal, you can spread the avocado spread on a wrap, add sliced peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach and drizzle with the ranch dressing.
As we start a new week, I encourage you, as I have been encouraged, to take a break from social media – no facebook, instagram, snapchat etc, for one week. Just try it. See what you can hear in that silence. Listen for the voice. Look inward. Rejoice and worship.
I would love to hear how it is going for you and I would love to stand in agreement in prayer with you. You can always email me your prayer request if you do not want to comment below. I wish you the best week ever and may God do immeasurably more then you can imagine. HOPE!
Until next time,
May blessings abound,
P.S:…this is important. Show us some love….
sign up to receive email updates
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angieandaginger/
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/angieandaginger
Follow us on instagram: @angieandaginger
©angie and a ginger 2017