The Ginger and I were discussing and bantering about my post yesterday, saying that tacos are not a hearty meal because you have to eat multiple tacos in one sitting. Not a problem for me, but..I don’t want to mislead you guys either. Therefore, this meal was inspired and crafted by the Ginger, as I was feeling a little under the weather yesterday and he made me this meal, Daniel Fast approved – and it was yummy and extremely filling. It was a Ginger hearty meal 🙂
Hearty Chickpea & Sweet Potato Stew
1 sweet potato 1/4″ dice
1 -29 oz can of chickpeas, or 2 – 15 oz cans of chickpeas, drained (*note, you can substitute cannellini beans or great white northern, if you you are not a huge fan of chickpeas)
1 onion rough chopped
1 yellow pepper small dice
3/4 tsp cumin
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoon of braggs amino acids
2 tsp liquid smoke (optional- it does have molasses in it, avoid if on the Daniel Fast)
2 cups veggie stock
1-1 1/2 cups of water
2 tablespoon of flour (use corn starch if doing the Daniel Fast)
tablespoon of crystal hot sauce or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with half an avocado diced (When I did this, oh my…this dish became a little piece of heaven)
- Heat pan on medium to medium high, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Next add sweet potato, cumin, dash of salt and pepper, cook until a good color on the sweet potatoes
- Next add in the chickpeas, stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in onions and yellow pepper, dash of salt and peppers, add another tablespoon of olive oil – enough to saute’ the onions, about 4 minutes, add the garlic, cook for an additional minute, taking care not to burn the garlic
- Next add the flour, stir and cook for one minute.
- Add tomato paste, the thyme, rosemary – cook for one minute
- Add the liquid smoke, braggs, Crystal and veggie stock. Add about a cup of water, stir to combine. Depending on the consistency you like, add in a 1/2 cup to cup of water.
- Cover and cook on simmer for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors mix and meld.
- Serve over rice, buckwheat, quinoa, barley (note – barley is not gluten free) or straight out of a bowl.
- Top with your avocado and enjoy.
”In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
– Tony Robbins
Continue to press on, create new habits and new thought patterns. Above all else, remember, that you CAN do this. Do not sell yourself short, you are somebody. You matter and God has called you hear for a purpose and a plan. Rise up. Rise up and move forward. One step at a time,
Until next time,
May blessings abound,
P.S:…this is important. Show us some love….
Sign up to receive email updates 🙂
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angieandaginger/
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/angieandaginger
Follow us on instagram: @angieandaginger
©angie and a ginger 2017